Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Best and Worst of May...

I previously posted the top 10 reasons I was loving May. To say the least May (and the first part of June) was not what I had expected, so here is a top 5 list of why it sucked!

5. My grandfather was diagnosed with cancer.
4. Our trip to the beach was cancelled because of rain.
3. I had to make a sudden trip to Texas… meaning that I missed the first week of summer school and internship.
2. I started having problems with a member of my dissertation committee and I am a year from even starting my dissertation.
1. The butterflies that once resided in Alex’s stomach took flight, meaning that he wanted to break up since the magical feeling was gone.

I hate to leave with such negative thinking so here is a top 5 list of why May (and the first part of June) still had some bright spots.

5. I got to see my family when I was not expecting it.
4. Although I did not get to go to the beach, I got to go to Wet’n Wild with two amazing friends (Elysia and Carrie).
3. Leigh, LeAnn, and I were together once again and I was able to be at LeAnn’s ordination.
2. My grandfather is feeling better and things appear to be going well.
1. Through this whole break-up I have seen how much I am loved by so many friends and family. I am truly blessed!

7 comments:

BULLSEYE said...

Cheer up...

Sarah said...

It seems as though we have been living parallel dating lives. Where do the butterflies go when they leave these guys? Hang in there! The best is yet to come!

Anonymous said...

my dearest amy,
with or without a man you are still a beautiful, strong, intelligent woman that i am proud to call my friend. my heart is saddened at your loss and i pray that you continued to be strengthened these coming days.

myleswerntz said...

the butterflies go apparently south to florida. for the summer. or winter, depending on the season.

Ellis Family said...

I know it sucks, but hang in there.

Anonymous said...

#6 people think you're Jewish! :)

LeAnnG said...

I won't post what I think about the butterfly man. I am so proud of you for 'risking something big for something good.' Maybe it's time to reread the best breakup book of all time: Bridget Jones Diary. At least she gives us colorful, British language to use when we need it!