Saturday, February 11, 2006

I am a woman!

I am sitting in my living room looking out the window as a mix of rain and snow are falling. I have Enya’s newest CD playing and drinking my favorite hot tea. I am supposed to be writing a self-analysis paper on my gender development, but I am realizing how hard it is to put into words what has made me into a woman. There have been times in my life that I didn’t realize what it meant to be a woman. There have been times in my life that I hated that I was female. There have been times that I felt like I need to apologize for being a woman. Today though, as I sit here I am thankful for being a woman. I am thankful for the amazing women in my life who have taught me what it really means to embrace my identity as a woman. I am thankful and blessed for being who I am!

6 comments:

Ellis Family said...

glad you made it :)

Anonymous said...

"We are volcanoes. When women offer our experiences as our truth, all the maps change. There are new mountains. That's what I want - to hear you erupting. You Mount St. Heleneses who don't know the power in you - I want to hear you... If we don't tell our truth, who will?" - Ursula K. Le Guin

The quote sitting in front of me when I read your blog. Fitting, I think. Keep searching and sharing your story! Love you - Leigh

myleswerntz said...

whoa, you're a chick? did i know this?

Amy said...

Leigh, thanks so much! I love the quote.

Myles, you just don't get it!

myleswerntz said...

leigh, what are you talking about? and you still owe me for chris theile!

Vernon Bowen said...

You make me feeeeeeeeeeel! You make me feeeeeeeeeeel! You make me feel like uh nat tur rul woomun!!!!