Thursday, August 10, 2006

Lake Lure Vacation

I went to Lake Lure for a short vacation before school started. I went by myself and had a wonderful time. I took my time driving down there and stopped in Black Mountain for lunch and coffee. My time in Lake Lure was spent laying out, hiking at Chimney Rock (fyi: part of Last of the Mohicans was filmed there), reading, and hanging out with Donovan. I came back feeling like I had been gone a week when I was really only away for two nights. Here are a few pics from the trip.




Gastehaus Salzburg, the wonderful bed and breakfast where I stayed.


Start of the hike at Chimney Rock to go to Hickery Nut Falls.


Top of the waterfall


WOW, it was amazing


This was in the movie... Last of the Mohicans


There were a lot of stairs on the hike



The actual lake at Lake Lure


The drive home

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! And yea for heading out on the road with your single sassy self. I love you! Leigh

Candace said...

amy, you're my hero!

Ellis Family said...

who needs a man when you can do that on your own!

Vernon Bowen said...

Wow, that place looks really nice. I don't think Houston has anything that can be considered remotely close to being anywhere near the vicinity of being like that ...

myleswerntz said...

you have fillings in your back teeth.