Monday, April 11, 2005

Grief

I have been waiting for it to hit me. Dreading the day I would realize all that I am about to leave behind. Well, it has happened. The other day someone told me that as I am leaving, I am grieving. This is not what I wanted to hear. I know the pain and lonlineess of grief all too well. I have spent the last seven years grieving the death of my mother. I know the hole that is left in my heart when someone is gone. I have felt the unexplainable pain too many times and I don’t want to feel it again. I am dreading the hurt that is to come in the next few months. How do you say goodbye to the place that has been the background to the most formative years of your life? How do you say good-bye to the people you have let so close to you heart? How do you move one? Is it possible?

No comments: