Monday, September 26, 2005

a GREAT weekend

This last weekend was the BEST weekend since I have moved! Friday night started with Mexican food at my house with four friends and then an Indigo Girls concert. The concert was amazing. They are one of my favorite groups and they never disappoint in concert. I was like a little kid at a candy store as I sat their listening to not only amazing musicians, but also to some of the best song writing. I was blessed and challenged.

The weekend only got better on Saturday when I drove to Charlotte to see my friends Kristen, Ryan, and Josh from Waco! They were in town for a conference and I was really needing to see some familiar faces. I had only planned to stay for the day, but I ended up staying the night! It was such a refreshing time for me. I came back to Greensboro rejuvenated for the next few months. I am in this weird stage of really loving all of my new friends, but also wanting to see those who know me so well. I have realized that nothing can make up for years of walking this life together. This weekend made me realize how much I will cherish Christmas when I go back to see everyone.

3 comments:

celina said...

wow! you got to go see the indigo girls! i'm so glad you had a great weekend. love you...

Amanda said...

I'm looking forward to Christmas, too. I'm glad you had such a rejuvinating weekend. Hang in there. You are doing a great job, and I can tell that you are growing, both academically and personally. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Greensboro and the Greensboro blogosphere. Stop by www.greensboroistalking.com sometime and say hi and check out all the other bloggers in town.