Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Gift of Peace


“When the hand of God's purpose enters my life, however, it is usually not from the front, as I have always expected, but from the side, in murmurs and whispers that not only surprise but soon empty me beyond anything I could imagine.”--Cardinal Bernardin in The Gift of Peace








I have recently finished reading The Gift of Peace. It is one of the most amazing books I have read. It was recommended to me by my good friend Donovan as we were having coffee the other day. He told me a little bit about the book and that he thought I might like it. Little did I know that by opening the book I would read the words of an amazing man who really understood what it meant to love others. I have been challenged and compelled by not only the words of Cardinal Bernardin but also the way in which he lived and died. I highly recommend the book to everyone!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Great now I want to read it! One more book to add to the list.