Monday, July 17, 2006

Quickly?

I have spent the majority of my summer completing the first part of my internship at a local hospital and cancer center. The internship is emotionally hard most days, but I have learned so much. I constantly encounter the most amazing people who give new meaning to the word courageous. I often leave a room feeling guilty because it seems that I have gained more from the conversation than I have given.

Today I went into a room of an older couple. They were so nice and a joy to meet. As I was talking with the wife she stopped suddenly and told me that I had beautiful eyes. She then asked if I was married and before I could answer had looked at my left hand for a ring. When she realized I wasn’t married she smiled and said “oh you will not be single for long… some guy will snag you up quickly.” I said thank you, but I was laughing hard on the inside. Quickly??? I am almost 27… when does quickly come?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me when you discover the answer to this question. I too wonder. ~christi

myleswerntz said...

quickly comes when it's ready.