Thursday, January 19, 2006

YES!!!!

YES! I have a chair for my dissertation committee. I met with the prof on Tuesday. After a wonderful discussion she agreed to work with me. I have to admit I was walking a little easier after the conversation. I have a hard time believing that this is all real. It was a year ago that I was traveling here for my interview. After I returned back to Texas I was certain that I would not be accepted. Now I am in my second semester of the program and have a chair. It is really weird where we end up during this journey. I would have never imagined in a million years that I would be in a Ph.D. program in Greensboro, NC. As I think back to this last year I am a little overwhelmed with everything that has happened. At the same time I am blessed. Blessed to have such an amazing life and blessed to have this opportunity.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats! Such good news and great reflection. I feel the same way. Who knew a year ago that I would move to Boston and love it?

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! I know that this is a great weight off your shoulders. It is crazy what happens in a year...I would have never thought what has happened to me this year would have happened and that I would be living in Hungary for the next four months.

Amanda said...

You have grown so much in the last year! I am so proud of you and the tough moves and decisions you've made. This will all be done before you know it, so enjoy every moment.

Ellis Family said...

BIGS- I'm so proud of you. Free counseling for me once you are a phd?
:)
chrid

myleswerntz said...

good news. i'll know how that feels in , oh, another two years. geez...congrats. you're the bestest.

Ellis Family said...

amy - have you learned anything about the counseling technique called "Snuggles." As in, if someone is in a moment of trial, you snuggle with them to make them feel better? just wondering..hehhehhehehe

celina said...

yay for you! it's great to hear some good news.

The Cliff said...

Congrats, i'm really happy for you. I remember that trip and your interview, and how nervous you were. I'm glad you are making the most of this opportunity.

Vernon Bowen said...

Rock on, lady! I always knew you were smart; it takes a lot of energy to stand all my idiocy. Hope things are well beyond this triumph.