Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The Green Bean

I have desperately missed Common Grounds since leaving Waco. I have tried out a few coffee shops in Greensboro, but have been relatively disappointed. One near campus lacks a good atmosphere and the coffee really isn’t that good. A few chains are okay, but it just isn’t the same. It seemed that I would not find a coffee shop that would even compare to my favorite spot in Waco. That was until I stumbled upon the Green Bean with Kristen Richardson while she was visiting a couple of weeks ago. The Green Bean is a coffee shop located in downtown Greensboro. Not only does it have a cleaver name, free internet, live music a few times a week, good (organic) coffee, yummy tea, but it serves wine and beer. I am not a big beer and wine drinker and was excited to see that this extraordinary coffee shop serves the ever lovely Woodchuck Cider. While it is not Common Grounds, it is unique in its own way. I look forward to having a Cowboy Coffee in December, but am quite content as I sip on my Woodchuck Cider tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You Crazy Woodchuck (with great hair)! -Cheigh

Sarah said...

So good to find your blog! Can't wait to read more thoughts from you in NC.